Mar 4, 2019 at 6:00 pm
March 4, 2019
6–8pm, Atkinson Hall Auditorium
UC San Diego
Free and open to the public; please RSVP here
Einstein called it “spooky action at a distance,” but today quantum entanglement is poised to revolutionize technology from computers to cryptography. NOVA follows a ground-breaking experiment in the Canary Islands to use quasars at opposite ends of the universe to unravel the mystery of entanglement and push back alternative explanations to the beginning of time.
Join us for a screening of the documentary “Einstein’s Quantum Riddle,” hosted by UC San Diego’s Andrew Friedman, one of the collaborators on the project, followed by a panel discussion on this unique experiment that used the entire universe to help put quantum entanglement to the test. Moderated by Brian Keating, associate director of the Clarke Center and experimental astrophysicist at the Center for Astrophysics and Space Sciences at UC San Diego, Friedman will be joined by Jason Gallicchio (Professor of Physics, Harvey Mudd College) and David Brin (physicist and Hugo & Nebula-winning author).
For more information about the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 534-6875.
All visitors to the UC San Diego campus are required to display a valid parking pass. The closest parking to Atkinson Hall Auditorium is parking lot P502. More information about parking on campus. For more information about accessible parking on campus, click here.
Driving Directions from North of UC San Diego
1. Take I-5 southbound past the 5/805 split.
2. Take Genesee Avenue exit westbound (right off freeway).
3. Take Genesee Avenue to North Torrey Pines Road.
4. Turn left on North Torrey Pines.
5. Turn left on to North Point Drive.
6. Follow North Point Dr. through the stop signs; as it curves right it will become Hopkins Drive.
7. Continue on Hopkins Drive until you reach Voigt Drive.
8. Turn left on to Voigt Drive.
9. Follow Voigt Drive to the first stop sign.
10. Lot P502 will be located on the left at the corner of Voigt Drive and Engineer Lane.
Driving Directions from South of UC San Diego
1. Take I-5 northbound.
2. Take La Jolla Village Drive westbound (left off freeway).
3. La Jolla Village Drive turns into North Torrey Pines Road. Stay on it to North Point Drive.
4. Turn right on North Point Drive.
5. Follow North Point Dr. through the stop signs; as it curves right it will become Hopkins Drive.
6. Continue on Hopkins Drive until you reach Voigt Drive.
7. Turn left on to Voigt Drive.
8. Follow Voigt Drive to the first stop sign.
9. Lot P502 will be located on the left at the corner of Voigt Drive and Engineer Lane.
Mar 4, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Registration for this event is required
by Mar 4, 2019.
Visit the registration page for details.
Patrick Coleman • email@example.com • 858-534-6875
Faculty, Staff, Students, The General Public
Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination